There is a private forum for women who are personally affected by the pornography/sex addiction of a spouse, boyfriend, or loved one. The forum, like this blog, represents the seeds of a cooperative effort of non-profit leaders, professional therapists, individual women in recovery wanting to help, and website managers who have seen a need for support for wives of porn addicts.
Come talk with other women who are walking this path, and see what has helped them find hope and healing. The forum has an LDS flavor to it, but any women looking for faith-based support are welcome.
Before joining the forum, please read the following:
INFO SPECIFIC TO THIS LDS WOMEN’S FORUM: PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING. The agreement contains updated information about steps you need to take to have (or keep) your account activated. We want to keep this a safe space for all participants, so thank you in advance for your cooperation.
This forum is a private, moderated, unofficial forum for LDS women who have been personally affected by the pornography / sex addiction of a husband, boyfriend, or other close loved one. (For simplicity’s sake, most content is directed to wives but is applicable to other loved one as well.) The forum is part of an unofficial cooperative effort of non-profit leaders, professional therapists, individual women in recovery wanting to help, and website managers who have seen a need for support for LDS wives of porn addicts. Information from the network of people can be found in links on the forum and on the public website. Note: If you are a professional therapist or non-profit leader in this realm of addiction recovery and would like to collaborate with the administrator of this forum, email her at hopeandhealinglds a’ gmail.com. You may not register for the forum, but can submit guest posts for the public blog at hopeandhealing.com.
The goal of this forum is to provide a safe, positive, faith-based place for women to talk about the process of healing and recovery, and to provide resources and information about pornography/sex addiction and principles of recovery. Please note that there is a variety of information and opinions shared here, and not all principles shared may be right for you right now. We don’t necessarily endorse every facet of every perspective, but hope as you read through various resources, you’ll be able to see patterns of truth and principles of healing that will help you in your journey.
Please also know that this forum is not designed to replace “live” support groups and/or professional therapy, but we hope it can help as an additional resource for those needing help, support, and encouragement. We want you to know that you are not alone, and hope and healing are possible!
SIGNING UP FOR THIS FORUM MEANS YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING RULES, CONDITIONS, AND TERMS.
Rules for engagement in the forum:
- Anonymous participation is allowed, but please create a screen name that makes you identifiable. Also, please note that we have a lot of spam coming in. Try to make your username something that would have some meaning…not just letters or numbers that might appear random to our administrators.
- Respect for the privacy of others is ESSENTIAL. No sharing of content from this board, outside of this board, without written permission from individual comment/post authors. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The board cannot be used for personal commercial purposes. (Sharing information from others who have commercial pursuits is allowed, as long as information is relevant and is shared not primarily for promotional purposes.)
- Keep content constructive. This *is* a place to ask for help with how to heal from the pain associated with this trial, how to respond in healthy ways to addictive behavior, what others have done when well-meaning leaders have not known how to help, etc. But this *isn’t* a place to come “bash” your husband/loved one, your church leaders, or others.
- Be careful about giving advice. Try to keep comments in a personal voice (“this is what worked for me”), rather than telling others what they “should” do. (Links to helpful information from professionals is ok.)
Conditions for participation:
- Although you don’t have to be LDS to participate, you understand that principles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be actively discussed here, and you agree to respect this forum’s religious focus. No trolling will be allowed.
- You understand that this forum cannot and should not be seen as a replacement for therapy or group work. We are not responsible for any actions you or anyone else in your life may choose to take as a result (direct or indirect) of reading or participating in this forum.
- Any content deemed inappropriate by moderators/administrators may be deleted without warning. Associated member accounts may also be deleted if the above rules or conditions are violated.
- We understand that it may take time to feel comfortable sharing much about your situation. It is not necessary to share extensive details at any time. But in order to keep this a safe place for everyone, please at least introduce yourself (it can be brief), by screen name, when you register, stating briefly how you found the forum and/or what you hope to get from your participation her. (You will see an introductions section at the top of the forum boards list.)
- Accounts that have no comments or no activity are subject to deletion and/or may require reactivation.
- Although we strive to keep content here consistent with the principles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, this forum and its accompanying blog (hopeandhealinglds.com) are not officially associated with nor endorsed by the Church. Questions? Email us at hopeandhealinglds a’ gmail.
TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION:
You’ll need to create your username and password. But then to have your account approved, please send an email, using the email for your account, to hopeandhealinglds a’ gmail, clearly acknowledging the following:
- That you have read the above information about the forum, as well as the terms below.
- That you understand this is an LDS-focused forum and are either LDS or are comfortable in a religious environment.
- That you are a wife or close loved one of someone with an addiction. This is not a place for curious people to learn more about addiction. That is what our blog is for.
Your email information (either account or email message content) will not be shared. Again, this is simply to ensure that everyone who registers is a real person, with a relevant need, and is willing to abide by the rules and conditions of this forum.
FOLLOWING ARE SOME OF THE MORE GENERAL REGISTRATION TERMS TO WHICH YOU WILL ALSO BE EXPECTED TO ADHERE. (Legalese is necessary for our own protection. You are almost done!)
By participating in this forum, you understand that the administrative team has taken reasonable precautions at protecting your privacy, but you still understand that any sharing on the internet comes with inherent risks. You agree that this site, administrators, forum participants, or anyone otherwise associated with this forum, directly or indirectly, shall not be held liable for any negative consequences, perceived or real, resulting from participation in this forum or “personal application” of any advice or ideas shared in the forum. As such, you agree, through your registration in this forum, to fully and forever release forum administrators, participants, and any associated individuals or organizations from any claims, demands, damages or rights of action, present or future, resulting from your participation or any other person’s participation in this forum.
You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.
Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we may not actively monitor all posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum’s owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.
The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person’s account for any reason. We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.
After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.
Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.
Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser’s cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.